Thursday, October 23, 2008

Robin Thicke + Mary J. Blige = AMAZING



WOW. Robin Thicke opening for Mary J. at Radio City and getting bumped up from the nose bleeds directly to orchestra seats upon arrival and for free?? OH DIP. That's all I have to say. This one really made up for the Kanye concert.

I'm throwing in Photoshop filter effects just because I felt like it. Any time I play with an image, I'll always include the "real" pic, ok? So, don't freak out. I love looking through a magazine and seeing illustrated or rendered makeup and fashion imagery. It's creative inspiration. But, I admit, it's always hard to tell what the real pic looked like before all the digital play. Very frustrating, right??

So, for this concert, I wanted something sophisticated with a hint of glam. I mean, come on...it's Robin and Mary. DUH. I kept my skin very simple with bronzer. Then, did my eyes with a cream eye shadow in bronze as a base, and on top, I applied a shimmery, dark bronze powder eye shadow that has a green iridescent highlight in it. The shimmer from the shadow is what's going to give you a little glam. When it catches the light, it will shine a soft shade of forest green. Lovely! Everything was applied to the lid and blended into the crease. Don't forget lots of mascara, some clear lip gloss, and you're done!

Some products to try for this look:
for the base: M.A.C. Shadestick in Gentle Lentil
and for the shadow: M.A.C. Pigment in Blue Brown.


For more on the conert check my other blog via my links: Chit Talk

No comments: