Monday, March 23, 2009

Maroon in 5...4...3...2...1...


While crazy posing on the subway platform (or your house, a club, etc. I had actually just gone to see an off-Broadway musical called "Kingdom")...

...why not try a shimmery Maroon eyeshadow?
It's a totally unexpected color that's more wearable than you'd think. Using a cream base in a similar color first, I applied the shadow over my entire lid almost all the way to the brow. Use whatever is left on your brush and bring the color through the bottom lashes making sure to connect the color at the corners so you have a nice shape of color surrounding your eyes.

Add black eye liner to your lash lines and your rims to finish your smokey eyes.

Keep the rest of your makeup neutral for a modern look. I just used a little bronzer and a nude lip color.




*product to try: M.A.C. Pigment in "Maroon"

3 comments:

ibas said...

I love this look! I'm totally hooked on the Maroon. I have some pasty skin with red undertones. Can I pull this look off? I'd love some advice on how a pale girl can do it too. Thanks in advance!

AleetaOne a.k.a. A1 said...

Absolutely! Anyone can do anything! If you're pasty, then I suggest you use a little bit of light pink blush instead of bronzer to balance the look on your beautiful pale skin. Make sure it's a light pink and not a bright pink. Think chalky pink. It will look really soft and delicate on your cheeks because it'll pick up the undertones from your skin. If you use a bright pink, then your risk looking too made up for this look. Nothing wrong with that, but if you are trying to replicate this look, the bright pink will kill it.

Let me know how it works out!

ibas said...

Great advice! I'll have to go to my favorite makeup counter to purchase these goodies. I'm excited to try the light pink too now. Thanks and keep giving out the great looks!