Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kanye's Glow in the Dark concert was crappola.



At least I did my makeup cool.

I kept my makeup to a minimum because we were going to be in dark lighting conditions. I didn't want to spend time on makeup that would get lost in the shadows. So, I went for glittery liner that could catch the light. The result is big impact with minimal product!

This look will give you a small dose of strong color and with a glittery texture.


It takes 2 steps and less than 2 minutes to Get Dolled Up:

1. Use a solid colored liner (here I used green*) to line the upper lash line. Use whatever kind you like: pencil, creme, gel, powder, etc.

2. On top of the liner you just applied, apply a liquid glitter eye liner in the same (or similar) color*. Add as much glitter liner as you like. The more glitter you apply, you'll get a brighter the color and a more metallic result.

Layering the 2 different liners this way will give you a bold color payoff.
You don't have to use green, you can use any color you like! As long as you use matching colors for steps 1 and 2, then you will achieve the similar results.


please note:

*For Step 1, try M.A.C. Cosmetics Kohl eye liner in "Minted".


For Step 2, try Urban Decay's Heavy Metal Glitter eye liner in "Stage Dive".



for more thoughts on the concert see my other blog via my links: Chit Talk

-------------------------------------------
images and makeup by A1
please do not reproduce or distribute any images from this blog without permission.

1 comment:

Cosmic Lady said...

very cool eyeliner effect! luv the top pic.