Friday, August 1, 2008

I Heart Nail Polish...

...that I certainly do! Here I used FACE Stockholm Nail Enamel in "56" which is one of the brightest pinks I've ever come across. LOVE it. To keep things simple but exciting, add some sparkle with prismatic star shaped nail glitter from Dashing Diva only on the thumbs*. Then, top them all off with a coat of clear polish**, give them some dry time, and you are set.






P.S. I hate when my nails get a ding in them when I think they're finished drying. After drying, I like to use one of those quick dry nail oils just as a precaution. Any should do. The oil brushes on like a polish and allows the nail to glide over things you accidentally bump them into preventing all those annoying dents in freshly painted polish. I use Wet 'n Wild "Flash Dry Nail Set". It's so cheap and does the job. If you can't find one at your store, baby oil should do fine in a pinch.

* I only applied glitter to thumbs for impact minus the ghetto fab. I love me some ghetto fab, but that wasn't the look I was going for this time. I wanted a clean, eye popping set with a hint of sparkle. But hey, if that's the look you prefer then do it! Glitter those nails to your heart's content. It'll definitely look dope.

** A clear coat I heart is Sally Hansen "Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat". 1 coat will do you, and they'll be dry to the touch in 30 seconds. That's freaking fast.

-------------------------------------------
photograph and makeup by A1
please do not reproduce or distribute any images from this blog without permission.

1 comment:

ibas said...

this entry was not only informative (gotta go buy the Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat) but hysterically funny.

thank you.